Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

DragonTooth Christmas Dragon

I always enjoy solving a lead mystery, in particular the kind where we go from a black & white drawing found in an old catalog to digital pictures of the actual miniature, in the flesh - well, lead - and sharing it with like-minded collectors.

So I am happy to present to you pictures of DragonTooth's D81 Christmas Dragon that came in the mail yesterday. He is a pretty chunk of lead, and I'm very pleased it is in great condition, considering how ornate the sculpt is, with all the spines and detail on this fella. It's a unique pose, not the traditional rearing dragon, but a sinewy, coiled serpent, perhaps snapping at an intruder attempting to sneak up from behind. I used some Blu-Tack to hold the pieces together, except for the wings.

What I'd like to know is the story behind this particular sculpt. Why is he a Christmas Dragon? Perhaps released at or around Christmas one year? His lair is in the North Pole?





His tail is a snake! And yes, he is a MALE dragon, for sure.





Once I get him cleaned up and properly assembled, I will take some fresh pics and add them to the Lost Minis Wiki. These will have to make do until then.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar