Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Becca Jewel Dust Swatches & Photos!

Top L-R: Sebille, Erzulie, Mazikeen, Laila
Bottom L-R: Feeorin, Nissa, Asrai, Titania.
The Becca Jewel Dusts are Becca's range of pure pigments/shimmer powders.  Currently, I've collected 8 of the 15 different colours of the Becca Jewel Dusts, which I will show swatches and photos of below, and there's a few others that I would love to get in future as they're just really beautiful.  It's also good for sensitive eyes like mine. :-)


Colours

  • Feeorin: emerald green
  • Titania: silver mascarite
  • Erzulie: bright violet
  • Mazikeen: purple
  • Nissa: ruby garnet peacock
  • Sebille: white gold
  • Laila: silvery mint
  • Asrai: opalescent mauve pink
Below are the swatches I took - please note, I did not use very much of the product - I only used a tiny bit so it's a bit sheer - you can go sheerer and certainly pack on a bit more to get a more opaque result.  The second picture showing the lighter colours have been swatched a bit more heavily (2 times more than those taken in the first picture) than the first set of shades because they are lighter and I wanted to be sure they showed up on my olive/tan skin.
Light (1 layer) swatches L-R: Feeorin, Titania, Erzulie, Mazikeen. 
Heavier (2 layers) swatches L-R: Nissa, Sebille, Laila, Asrai.
Application
I usually apply this over the Becca eye tint in vicuna because it's water proof which is long lasting and it's a good base colour for me.  I also apply it over a colour shadow either neutral shade to give added dimension and interest to the eyes, or in similar shade to the jewel dust to give added colour intensity.  You can use it dry or wet (i.e. applied with a damp brush) for more colour intensity.  I also sometimes use the one of the lighter shades (e.g. Sebille, Sebille or Asrai) in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten and "open up" my eyes a bit more.  You can also use a tiny bit of these lighter shades to highlight certain high points of the face such as the cheek bones.  I've also mixed a bit of the lighter shade jewel dust to my lipstick or lipgloss for intense shimmery lips (usually just the middle of the upper and lower lips to highlight and make my thin lips appear more plump) - amazing for a night out or new year's eve party!


Refer to the official Becca website for more ideas (there's quite a few)!


Texture
Extremely finely milled so it's very smooth and easily glides onto the lid.  The texture is so good, I can either apply with fingers (dabbing for packing on the colour and light sweeping motion to blend out) or a brush.  There's no large glitter particles - it's all very micro fine shimmer, so you can even use the lighter shades for the daytime to brighten your eyes without looking OTT.


Size
1.3 g / 0.04 oz


Packaging
I love the packaging - it certainly looks like a jewel box! ^_^  Partly why I bought it!  Looks so pretty on the dressing table.  It's a clear/crystally type of plastic cube with the signature Becca aluminium embossed logo on the lid and label describing product and colour, etc on the bottom.  You twist the lid once to open and twist again to close and secure.  Another thing I like and find convenient is that it comes with a 6-hole sifter so it minimises any excess spillage, wastage and mess.
L-R: Lid, Bottom that contains the product with 6-hole sifter.


Overall, I love these jewel dusts - like all Becca products they're pretty good quality.  They're the only shimmer pigments I own, so unfortunately I can't compare to other brands.  They are multi-purpose, and a little goes a long way.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar